Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More good news

Yesterday I got a call from Dr. Cone's office to discuss the blood results from Thursday. Everytime "Unavailable Number" pops up on my phone, I get nervous! I know it's results from the doctor. I especially don't enjoy answering it because I usually get the call when I am by myself. This blood test was called an AFP test. Not sure what it stands for, but it tests for neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Nurse Lynn said that the numbers all came back fine and we shouldn't have anything to worry about. We opted out of doing the other screens...for Downs, etc.

While we were at our appointment on Friday, I had another missed call from a Houston number. It was Baby's 1st telling us that the crib has arrived! I'm so excited about picking it up and putting it together. I think it will be another one of those moments where this all because more "real" to us. Tomorrow Wanda and I are going to run to Stafford to pick it up. She has several days off of school due to Swine Flu and other illnesses and Nick has to make hay. Last night we were talking about how weird it is going to be to have a baby bed up in one of the spare bedrooms. I feel sorry for him because tomorrow he is going to have a long night. I know I'll want that bed up before we go to sleep!

Last night was also a bit of an event for Nick. I'm always trying to make him feel the baby move. It kicks so hard and so much already that I just KNOW he has to be feeling it. There's no doubt that I do. I don't know if I can feel it with my hands or if I'm just feeling it in my belly and think my hands can feel it too. It's strange! Anyways, he always puts his hand on my belly and concentrates so hard on trying to feel it that he is never successful. He finally relaxed more last night and asked if it felt like a heartbeat (but not as consistent and a little harder). That's exactly how I should have described it to him and I actually thought about that one night while I was lying awake in bed, but forgot to tell him! So, I really do think that he is feeling it, which is even more exciting because I know it is just going to get stronger and he will definitely be able to feel it. There is only so much that a man gets to experience during pregnancy and I hope he is feeling a part of it all. All he keeps saying is that he wants it to be here already and that OVERJOYS me!

1 comment:

Boys will be Boys! said...

One of the hardest things for Jason was not being able to feel the boys move right away. He would put his hand on my tummy, & they would move right to the warm and stop! Eventually the movements were so strong and kicks so hard that he could stand back & watch!! How I miss that feeling....