Friday, September 18, 2009

The bed is out of the box!

And that's it! Last night I had a terrible headache so all Nick and I did was get all of the pieces of the bed out of the box. We were both really excited to see it and it looks like it will be gorgeous in the baby's room. I am so glad that we decided to go with our first choice bed. I'll take pictures of the putting together process whenever we get time to do it.

Grammy didn't have school yesterday so she rode to Sugar Land with me to pick up the bed. I thought it would be a treat for her too since she insisted on buying this beautiful piece of furniture for us. We had a wonderful time. We made a quick trip into Home Depot for a wedding shower gift for this weekend. Then we made our way to the furniture warehouse. By then it was time for lunch at Cafe Adobe. Yum! Afterwards, she informed me that she was buying us a mattress too so we needed to stop by Babies R Us. We had soooo much fun browsing through all the baby stuff. Nick and I have shopped there a few times recently and I make quite a habit of popping in. Grammy was a hoot....wanting to buy everything! We ended up with a mattress, a very cool baby tub, a toy, and a cute farm scene blankie. It's so fun having all of these cool things, but it will be even better once we get use them with our bundle of joy.

We've got a very busy weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will get this bed up. I'm super antsy and so mad that my throbbing head prevented us from doing it last night. Tonight we are headed to the El Campo vs. Wharton football game. Hopefully the Ricebirds get a W. Tomorrow we have a wedding shower at Hinze's for Jason Ward. Sunday we are meeting up with Joe and Julie to judge record books for an upcoming fair. Nick will be busy rolling up hay during the day on Saturday and Sunday so I guess that means I get to clean!

2 comments:

*Jillian Leigh* said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. I am glad you went with that choice too...it's going to look awesome!!!

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the bed. And I LOVE Babies R Us too!