Friday, August 28, 2009

Fun stuff

Saturday I went to Shiner all by my lonesome for Jamie's shower. Mom and Jamie ended up being in Victoria when I got in, so it was me and the boys all day. (Dad, Jaace, Junior, and Matt) Which means you either lay around and watch TV all day, ride the mule, look at cows, or other boy stuff that didn't interest me. Unfortunately the pool is having issues so I opted for resting on the couch and watching The Suite Life with Matt for several hours.

When Mom and Jamie got home, I started talking to Mom about the baby bed we had picked out since day 1 of baby bed shopping. I pulled up the website and much to my surprise they were offering "Vacation from Taxation" on all baby stuff at Baby's 1st Furniture. I immediately called Nick and told him that Sunday we were headed to Houston to make the purchase. After several text messages from cousin Abby, I knew that this bed was completely fine for a boy or girl. We plan on using the bed for at least 2 or 3 babies so it will be a while until it is used as a full-size bed, if ever. If we end up with 3 boys, the baby bed will go into storage. We looked at sooooo many beds and we both ended up coming back to this one. We have another 3-5 weeks until it comes....I can hardly stand the wait! Nick's mom also was in love with it when we showed her the picture...so in love with it that she bought it for our babies! Wowwwwwwwww!!! I've said this a million times, but I have the best family and I married into an amazing family as well. Thank you soooo much, Grammy and Popsy!! ;) Last night Grammy gave us a pair of pink Wrangler's diaper cover. If it's a girl, she will be super cute in them when we take her to the Houston Livestock Show next year. Nick already has his eyes set on boots for a boy and a girl. She is already set with a pink, sparkly Daddy's Princess paci, rhinestone ballerina shoes, and so much more. No worries though, because if it's a boy he is set with the cutest Janie and Jack sportscoat, several button down shirts, cowboy onesies, etc. I've got pictures of this chaos that I'll download sooner or later.

Have a great weekend! We are headed to Shiner tonight. Nick is pumped about Jaace's steer tag-in tomorrow morning. We have 2 weddings Saturday and a wedding shower Sunday morning. So much to do on weekends, so little time!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you got the bed you loved! We have a convertible crib and it has yet to be a full-sized bed. I definitely wouldn't base your crib choice on what you want his/her teenage bed to be. I thought the pic was really pretty... tiny, but pretty. :) One of these days we'll make it down to Wharton and I'll have to come check out the room. Do y'all have color scheme in mind yet?

Abby said...

How fun! If you ever want to ride to Houston, Brooks and I are doing little gym there on Fridays. Your welcome to ride along and shop while we are at the gym!! Then we can do lunch and shop some more!