Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby beds

I never would have thought that picking out baby beds is as hard as picking out baby names...boy names anyway! We have made several trips to Baby's 1st Furniture and a trip to USA Baby, among lots of browsing online.

We found one at Baby's 1st that we LOVE! It's a bit princess-ish, but I also say that it can pass for a little prince bed with the right bedding. We also love the bed because it has lots of detail and seems like an antique. I love a white or ivory baby bed...seems more innocent and baby-like to me. Nick seems to agree with that, especially since we already have a huge ivory Pottery Barn armoire that I'm not parting with anytime soon. The only dilemma is spending $800 on it! Jeez....I had no idea baby beds were so expensive. We're pretty much sold on it though since it does convert to a full size bed ANDDDDD because the one that we liked at USA Baby was just a tiny bit cheaper, but not nearly THE bed.

Soooo....now, I need your help. I couldn't get the picture big enough for my blog.
http://www.babys1stfurniture.com/products.php?idprod=1116&idcat=150
This link should work...let me know if you think it could be a boy bed too. Of course, this will be a bed we will use for another baby or two.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Honestly, I think it would be super cute and princess-like for a girl, but I have a very hard time picturing it for a boy. With all that scroll work on it, it just seems way too feminine for a boy. But that's just my opinion... and maybe with some dark navy bedding, it could look great for a boy.

By the way, here are some links to larger pictures:
http://www.kids-n-cribs.com/images/creations/creations_venezia_6040

http://www.babyworldofshreveport.com/VeneziaCrib.shtml

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

Hm ... I am leaning to aagree with Jocelyn.

It's STUNNING!

Maybe super prince-baby but not toddler or convert for big boy.

ugh - - it's LOVELY

Abby said...

So funny I would have saved loads of time if I had read all the way through your friends comments (but I didn't want their answers to sway my vote!) because I ended up on the same page as them. The baby's first people need to work ont their webpage.

I think the bed is beautiful. I think that it is fine for a baby boy. Baby's are babies. I don't think I would adorn him in pink or anything. I think if the bed were the exact same bed in a dark stain, no one would question it for a boy. It's just that it's white and detailed. In the small picture I thought it was possibly girlish, but once I enlarged it I thought it was fine. At the end of the day it's for a baby, not a man! And babies are just sweet and innocent! (I also dress my son in jon jon's, that's who I am, so what can I say!).

I don't however think that it would work as a full size bed for a boy. So the only negative scenerio I see is that this baby is a girl, the next two are boys. You've had to buy her a real bed and then the youngest boy gets stuck with this...but I am getting way ahead of myself!!

Jamie C said...

Ohhh it's so pretty .... but I'm not sold on it for a boy ... UNLESS it came in dark stain. I think like the other ladies it's fine for a BABY boy, but as he'd age, he'd practice his marker and paint art on it!!

But it's OH SO PRETTY!!!!!!!
Tough decision ... but at the end of the day, it's YOUR CALL! :)