Wednesday, August 12, 2009

15 Weeks and Counting....

I'm definitely not sad that the time is going by quickly...I'm so ready to meet this little guy/girl. I think I'm finally getting over the days of morning sickness. It still comes and goes and I still dry-heave while brushing my teeth.

Nick and I are constantly having discussions about whether it is a boy or a girl. He has been calling it her name for a few weeks now. Neither one of us cares what it is, as long as it is healthy, but it's fun to guess! I know he would love to have a boy, but deep down, I think he wants a Daddy's girl. Either one will be perfect for me, but the poor baby if it's a boy...there is very little cute boy clothing out there.

~If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones.

~The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! According to this, we are having a girl.

~People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. *All I want to eat are sweets!

~The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. This tale tells me that I’ve having a girl.

~Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy. -I feel like I look horrible, even when I dress up and put makeup on!

~If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. -I had a dream that we were having our "big" sonogram and they showed us the boy's tee-tee! I was upset with them because we didn't want to know what it was!!!

~If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. -Always on my right, but have been trying to sleep on my left as much as possible because I read you are supposed to due to oxygen getting to the baby.

~If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. -Definitely had morning sickness.

~What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. -Finally...one that points to a boy!

My gut feeling is a girl, but only time will tell. What's your guess??

On another note, Monday we have another appointment. Blood work and listen to the heartbeat again. On September 4th we have our big appointment where we could find out what we are having. I can't wait to see what the baby looks like now that it looks more like a baby than a blob.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Very excited that you finally posted. I'm still guessing girl, and I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better.

Jocelyn said...

Hey Jenny, you know I’m having a boy, but I wanted to see how I matched up on all your little tests:

~ Acne: GIRL

~ Mayan tale (2009 + 29 = 2038) Even: GIRL

~ Sweets, fruit and OJ: GIRL

~The Chinese Gender Chart: GIRL

~ Everyone says I look normal, so I’ll count that as pretty: BOY

~ Dreams of a boy: GIRL

~ Right side: GIRL

~ Some morning sickness, but not a whole lot. So I’ll count this one as a draw.

~ Bright yellow pee: BOY

So by these odds, my chances were 75% in favor of a girl.

Abby said...

Both of my kids have pointed at the exact opposite of what they were. Emery came up straight boy and Brooks was all girl. So I didn't fair well with the test.

I still believe that it's partially all about what you eat. With Em I wanted healthy or home cookin' food. With Brooks all I wanted was fast food (which I hate normally) and chicken wings! Of course I ate lots of ice cream with both. I'm not sure what it is. I want it to be healthy, but I also think that the Popps need a good dose of girl. Poor Wanda has had only boys for so long!!

Jenny Popp said...

I kind of also think that since so many of the tales point to girl that it will be a boy.

The Popp's definitely need a girl around. I can't imagine what they would do with her! I know my Dad and brother are definitely rootin' for a boy. They, on the other hand, need a dose of boy!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

Hmmm .. I'll guess Boy since I have two of them -- lol

I honestly have NO clue and suck at these guesses.