Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another doctor's visit down!

Yesterday we had a regular check-up. Weight, blood pressure, and heartbeat. I can't wait until the day that we have an UNstressful appointment, which doesn't look like it will EVER be in our future. Our nurse, Angela, did the weight, bp, and then it was time for the heartbeat. She was having lots of trouble finding it with the first doppler because it was very static-y. She went and got an old dinosaur one and within a few seconds she found the heartbeat. It just scared us because she was not finding it with the other one. When she found the heartbeat, the baby would quickly move and she would have to find it in another spot. As she pointed out, baby is bouncing around all over the place. That's a great thing, but Lord, please don't give us a hyperactive child. :)

We waited (for quite a long time, which is unusual) for Dr. Cone to come and do his visit with us. We chatted for a little while and then he told us that my blood pressure is going to be an issue. WHAT?? I've never been told anything about my blood pressure before...at ANY doctor I went to. He said that it is a genetic issue since I have it so early and that your blood pressure goes up anyways during pregnancy so they have to monitor it closely so that they will be able to tell if they will need to induce pregnancy early. Just what I needed to hear!!! When you try to keep stress OUT of your life, it seems that's all that you are dealt. I very rarely had stress before this past year! Jeez! Anyway, Dr. Cone is an awesome doctor and made me feel very at ease with everything. There is no doubt in my mind that he will take care of all of us.

None of this surprises me though. Why, you ask. Well, a few years ago Jennifer Pekar and I went to a palm reader because we were bored in San Marcos. Usually I would think it is all a hoax, but this lady obviously hit the nail on the head more than one time. Nick and I had been dating for a few months at this point, and she said that I was in a very long, bad relationship and then I would have one shorter one then marriage. TRUE! She also said that I would have 3 children and that all of the pregnancies would be tough. She couldn't tell me exactly what would be "rough." She said that it could be anything like bed rest, etc. While we were leaving the doctor's office, I thought about this right away. Right as we got out of the door, Nick said, "Remember what that palm reader told you?" Crazy that he remembered too.

There's no doubt that everything will be fine, but it just scares ya. I'm really thinking we might adopt our next child. ;)

3 comments:

Jamie C said...

Glad it went ok ... other than the bp stuff and hide and seek heartbeat! ha ha ha You're gonna have your hands FULL with this kiddo.

Glad I can spoil it then return it to mommy and daddy! HEE HEE HEE

Love ya.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

Sorry about the scare ... that happened to us a few times :)

aaaah...I just LOVED that little bump-bump---bump-bump :D

Abby said...

As sweet as those nurses and medical assistants are I think they lose heart beats frequently. With Brooks they sent us to Ultra sound several times because the nurse couldn't find the HB. Dr. Cone would always look disgusted and say they don't push down hard enough!!

Dr. Cone will take good care of you, he will even try to keep you off of BR. He kept telling me that any other doctor would have had me in the hospital at 28 weeks. Instead I had to be induced!! We will say lots of prayers for all of you!!