Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kicking Field Goals or Pushing Baby Carriages

A few weeks ago I was in Shiner for a very dear friend/old school teacher's funeral. I stopped by Dad's office so that I could ride with them to the service. Linda and I were talking about the baby and it's movement, etc. Dad quickly chimed in with "ah, he's kicking field goals in there." Linda came back with "or pushing a baby carriage." Whenever and with whomever we talk about the baby with, you can safely bet that the conversation will be about the sex at some point or another.

Not finding out the sex of the baby has been so much fun and I highly recommend not finding out to everyone. It has been hard, but everyday I wonder what it really will be and imagine what it's going to be like when we FINALLY know. Most people say that they are planners and have to have everything ready...well, I'm a HUGE planner and I'm nosey, but this surprise is going to be so worth it. I can't wait for the doctor to say, "It's a...." I especially can't wait for Nick to go out and tell whomever is there what it is. I have found that there are lots of people out there that just DO NOT like it if you don't know what it is. I usually just say that it'll help me get through the labor. Then there are the people that say, "good for you!"

Since the ultrasound yesterday, I CANNOT stop looking at the pictures and watching the DVD. I'm on a major high right now and don't think it'll end for a long, long time. I can't wait for it to be here. I can't wait to kiss it, cuddle it, rock it, feed it, steal it out of the bed in the middle of the night when it's asleep, change diapers, take it shopping, read it books, dress it up, take it to church, take lots of pics of it, lay it on Daddy's belly, lay around with it, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I've loved babies since I was little bitty and always begged Mom and Dad to have more. I always knew that I wanted to be a Mommy and I can't believe that I will be very soon, well actually, I already am. Only 83 more days!

So this post is pretty much everywhere. The idea was that I was going to put a list of people's guesses so far, but I'll hold off until after the baby shower this weekend so I don't have to make another list. However, I do want to note that Mom officially changed her vote to girl today after looking through the pictures agan. Dad is still voting boy because of the muscular arms!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I still vote girl - but I've never been good at baby guessing.

I was hoping your blog wasn't dead and that you'd revive it. BOY DID YOU! Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't find out with any of mine. It is all worth it. The next one will even be more fun. After you have one, you think the next will be the same sex. Then it is the opposite. All the fun in the world is not knowing. You can never hold them enough. I look at Caleb today, I can still hold him but not for long. They grow up too fast.

Shawna

Abby said...

I love not finding out. I can't wait to find out what the baby is, I know you will cherish that moment for the rest of your life.

You are right people are very emotional about other peoples decision to find out or not to find out. Geez

Priscilla said...

You sound sooo much like me (and I really hoped to make Mr. Blohm's funeral, that was so sad!)

I can't remember ever NOT wanting a baby so being a mommy has been the best thing ever!

I switched my blog to a different domain!