Monday, September 8, 2008

Lots going on...

But that's no excuse to be a bad blogger. We'll start with the most exciting news so far....drum role, please....WE SOLD OUR HOUSE ON WHEELS! We advertised it a week ago and the first couple that came to look at it, bought it. Better yet, we made a profit on it! We've decided to use the money from the trailer to purchase a small 1/2 acre piece of land caddy-cornered to our house. Nick wants to build him a 30X80 shop for all his boy toys. I'm all for it because it would get them out of my yard.

Saturday Nick and I planted our first garden. I've fot some really cute pictures of him making the rows and whatnot. Hopefully, we'll have lots of organic veggies to share with all of you.

We've had our first sleepover at our house! Jamie came to visit a couple of weeks ago to stay for the evening. She treated us to our favorite seafood place in town. The following day we did some antiquing in Wharton and then we treated her to Pat-A-Cake, a great little sandwich place. The atmosphere is amazing and will probably take all of my visitors there when they come stay with us!

Last Saturday we went to San Marcos. We stayed with Jake and Sarah Beth and went to the TX State football game. We're so excited because we've got season tickets this year. Not that we are great team or anything, but we are supporting THE DRIVE to Division 1. Yeah, that would put us with the big boys! I'm so for it, even if we get slaughtered. Sunday we attended Robin's "church" wedding. It was an amazing wedding. She married Greg, from Scotland. The guys wore kilts and they had did lots of traditional things from both lands. It was really fun to witness.

Wednesday I had bunco and it was a success! We never really play bunco, just sit and gab, which is always fun. I've got a few pics to post later.

In other news, school has begun and I'm a second grade teacher. It's been a bit stressful, but we'll see. It's always sad when summer is over.

I'm really excited for this coming weekend because Alicea and Deb are supposed to be coming to town for a wedding. Hopefully they will make it Friday so we can hangout. The house is finally pretty complete. We are taking visitors at anytime!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

YAY for the update! I was really wondering what happened to you... now I see how you've been extremely busy! The organic garden sounds very interesting.

Abby said...

I am so excited to see that your back to blogging! You've been missed (don't worry I live in a glass house, I can't throw any stones!!).

I am totally up for any organic veggies you want to send our way! We may do a little gardening of our own this weekend...where did you buy your plants?