Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thanks Mom!

I just love the wonderful traits I got from parents. The mole on the side of my nose just like Dad's. Except he just got his removed because it was cancerous. That means I need to visit a dermatologist soon. The varicous veins from Mom. The list goes on, but I can't think of the others right now. Yesterday Nick and I went to Victoria to the Vascular Surgeon. He decided that injections should do the job on my varicous veins. Next Wednesday I go for the first treatment on my left leg. A week later I will have to do the right leg. Supposedly I can drive right after and they insist on lots of walking. It will consist of lots and lots of shots into all of the veins. This is how I understand it to work. A foam (NOT saline) is injected into the veins. The blood will clot in the veins which will cause the blood to stop flowing through the varicous veins. The varicous veins will basically rot and wither away. I remember noticing the varicous vein when I was a freshman during track. Over the years it has gotten a lot worse. They say when you get pregnant they get even worse. We want to nip it in the bud right now. I'll be really bruised up so no dress at Robin's wedding. That means I need to go shopping! I told Nick that everyone's going to think that he beats me on my one leg! :)

4 comments:

Abby said...

Please report back...I have lots of spider veins and have thought of having them fixed, but I'm a wuss and I was afraid they'd hurt too much!!

We have a good derm here in EC if you need to see one for the mole!

Tracy said...

Good Luck and we'll want to see pictures when its all done! You know for the longest time I thought they were call "very close veins". It made sense to me. HA!

Jamie C said...

Let me know how it goes. I've been seriously thinking about getting mine fixed up too.

Don't be too hard on mom -- she gave us a lot of AWESOME traits too. This is one of the few "bad" ones. :)

Bonnie said...

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

And Tracy, very close veins...really?