Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hurricane Ike

He didn't scare me until a few minutes ago when our principal handed us a phone tree and he said he would let us know tomorrow if it was a "voluntary" or "mandatory" evacuation!!! Holy CRAP! I'm that person that says, "Why didn't those idiots leave when Rita hit?" Now, I'm the idiot saying, "Ahh...Ike won't come, we'll stay here this weekend." Besides, my girlfriends are coming to visit and I wanna drink Mexican Martinis with them!

When Nick told me that his dad already had plywood bought for Gustav, I laughed. Yesterday Wayne told me that they are planning to go to San Marcos this weekend due to Ike. Again, my friends are coming to my "new" house, we're staying here! I'm so excited about this weekend, how can Ike come now???? Then I read Abby's blog and she says how everyone in El Campo has their houses boarded up. What's a girl to do? We're not prepared at all! I have 22 miles worth of gas left in my car, which means I will have to sit at a long line at Wal-Mart. We have no plywood for our windows and we haven't put anything away. I guess we have our work cut-out for us this evening....better make that tomorrow because Ike will probably decide to chose the other path so my friends can come visit and we can drink our much needed Mexican Martinis.

If he decides against my fun weekend, I guess we will get out of this town and head to Shiner. When Rita came we ended up having a VERY FUN Hurricane Party at the Spann's house. All of the Port O'Connor people came there to escape it's wrath. So, I guess either way it will be a fun weekend. If it's a "mandatory" evacuation and if any of you readers need a place to stay, call me, we always have room at my parents.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I agree I wasnt' taking it seriously at all. I too am a silly fools for not leaving person. Brian says they never hit here...that never is going to cause me to evacuate! We will see what happens tommarow, but we too will have lots of work if we need to go!! Be afraid!! (I did call my insurance agent and we are covered...so all is good!!)

Anonymous said...

I hate Ike!