Tuesday, September 30, 2008

6 months down...a heck of a lot more to go!


Yesterday was our 6th month of wedded bliss. This picture was taken Saturday at Dawn Raab's wedding. I'd love to say that I have lots of wonderful things to share about the event, but I don't! I was the lecture and I HATE public speaking, so that was terrible. She was IN my wedding and still listed me as Jenny Chumchal on the program. Hellllloooo...it's been 6 months. It was an outdoor wedding so it was hot and I was getting bit up by mosquitos. I wasn't planning on going to the reception, but my sister's talked me into it. I drank a few too many glasses of champagne!(This is stolen from Bonnie) "Party Jenny" decided to pay a visit and she's going into retirement for a looooonnnngggg time! We left after we ate and it went downhill from there...so I'm told.

Sunday was Dad's 58th birthday and we all celebrated in Sweet Home. It was great to see everyone and catch up on the latest happenings. I'm so thankful to have such a great family and extended family.

This weekend we are going to Port Royal to rekindle our old family vacation. I'm super excited. I've got so many pictures to add, but so little time.

Hint #1-It starts with a "C."

Oh! Notice my new hairdo-I got 6 inches cut off!

7 comments:

Abby said...

I guess it's not Ava...that was my guess. Darn!

Jenny Popp said...

OHHHHH!!! I LOVE Ava, but Nick's not completely sold on it. It's 2nd runner up. You're good!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad to hear that other people have party versions of their otherwise normal selves :)

I have a favorite name, but I would spell it with a K. I really hope it's not the same one....I told Tracy she couldn't name her kids it. I'm one of those people too!

Tracy said...

I like the name Ava too! Bonnie definitely has a name and when I once mentioned using it (not knowing she liked it) she told me it was her name and it would sound better with her last name than mine.

Dawn said...

OMG! I googled myself (because I'm searching for a job and wondering what prospective employers see) and I found your blog. My name is Dawn Raab!

Fortunately for me, I didn't get married last month so I'm not the jerk that spelled my friend's name wrong in the program. Actually, my husband and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary next week in Cancun.

Congrats on your recent marriage!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I'm sorry about your name being printed wrong in our programs. I had it right in my first draft but when the person made the programs, they put Chumchal because I guess that's what they've know you as forever. By the time I received them an noticed, it was the day before the wedding. Sorry you had a terrible time.

Amanda RH said...

Jenny,
I did the programs and I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings that your name was written in your maiden name. Dawn had a lot on her plate and I was helping her out.

I know your feelings were hurt that you weren't a bridesmaid but consider how large your wedding was compared to how small Dawn's was. Dawn had a lot of close friends that weren't bridesmaids. She just couldn't feasibly have all of her friends as bridesmaids. She asked you to be a reader so you could be a special part of her wedding.

Dawn has been nothing but kind to you. She went to your shower, bachelorette party, participated in your wedding and did everything she could to support you.

Life is what you make of it.