Friday, August 8, 2008

Coushatta

Nick and I rode with Mom, Dad, and Jaace to Coushatta on Monday-Wednesday. It was Nick's first time to gamble. I figured I'd never get his tight-wad self to go, but he loved every minute of it. Even though we came back as big losers, he's already planning on going back in December. Both of us love to play blackjack, but I was horrible at it this trip. Since I lost all of my money rather quickly I sat and watched people play roulette for hours. I finally figured out the numbers that I would play if I had money. I gave Nick a puppy dog face and he gave me a whoping $5 which I turned into $35. Needless to say, that $35 went down the drain rather quickly. Back I went to just watching. Meanwhile, I shared with other players what numbers to go with and one guy from Needville won several hundred dollars. No one was playing for a while when another guy came up and I told him which numbers to put his chips on. He did rather well and bought me $20 worth of chips. I knew that the second I'd put my chips on a few numbers it would go south. One number was 29. I had accidentally put two chips on it instead of one and amazingly it landed on 29! I did the same thing the next time and it landed on 29 again! Very rare! I was up $140 in about 1 minute. You can bet your booty I'm going to be reading up on roulette so I can play it in December. We had a GREAT time and ended up donating lots of money to the tribes, but it was well worth it.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Brian loves roulette! You all would have so much fun together! I will just be at the craps table. Glad to see the posts!!