Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nicky-Poo!

Happy birthday yesterday that is. I never made it to the computer yesterday to type a birthday post, so better late than never. I think that this had to be his best birthday ever. Even though I've only been a part of 3 of them in his lifetime, I know it was a grand one! I bought him 6 different gifts, so I made his birthday last from the beginning of December until yesterday. Every few days he got to open a present. We did this because I can't stand presents sitting around unopened! If they're mine or anyone elses, I want them opened right away! He was just as anxious as I was and went along with the birthday month celebration. I made him open the presents so that they progressively got better...mag-lite, plastic sawhorses, ladder, halogen work lights, John Deere garage stool, and a big tool storage thing. He LOVED all of them! I had lots of fun buying everything too. Usually he's hard to buy for because I have no idea what kinds of tools, etc to get him. Basically, I went through Sears and Lowe's and picked up whatever I thought was cool. Since we'll have our house soon and he'll have a workshop I figured he needed snazzy new things. We had our church Christmas program yesterday evening, which was sooooo good and then we all went out to eat at Wharton Steak and Seafood. After we ate, we went back to the house and had cake and Nick opened his gifts from his parents and grandma. Nick, Jake, Sarah Beth, and I then got into a heated game of Phase 10 Master's Edition until 10. By then it was time for bed and the last of his birthday's as an unmarried man!

No comments: