Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Name Game

I never expected it to be this much of a challenge, but I really should have known since it has always taken me a while to come up with a name to be settled on for a DOG! The main challenge is a BOY name. Having been a teacher for the past 5 years makes it even more difficult. There are definitely names that I would NEVER pick because of the little heathens that have ruined them. (I can't post those names because I would surely tick a few people off!)

Here's the run-down on what we have discussed:

BOYS
Brody Nicholas Popp (our #1 choice and I LOVE IT!)
Case Garrett Popp (scratched off the list because a distant friend just named their baby that, people may call him suitcase or ask if his other brother's name is Keg, and because my brother-in-law, Jake, informed me that he just didn't like it!) I do like getting opinions, especially negative ones, because I don't want my poor child being made fun of forever!
Owen
Everett
Max
Cohen (Nick hates it!)

GIRLS
Camille Grace or Camille Emerson Popp (our #1 choice)
We haven't really discussed any other names for a girl because Camille is THE name! I especially love it because Nick suggested it and it's so pretty and different. Nothing like a Daddy naming his baby girl. We actually came up with it when we first got married. We were going through names of girls that he was currently teaching. When he said Camille, it stuck. If you remember back to the post way last year, Tracy actually cracked the code back then. The hint was that the name was "perfect" which is what Camille means, according to some books.

Unless the name just doesn't "fit" the baby, we will have either a Brody or Camille coming soon. I just LOVE both names and again, can't wait to meet the little angel.

4 comments:

zackandjenn said...

I like both names! I actually have Owen on my list of boy names. :-)

Jocelyn said...

I really love the name Camille... so pretty and unique!

Brody is cute (it makes me think of Brody Jenner from The Hills), and I also really like the name Owen.

Abby said...

All great names, I love Case by the way, it was on my list of names for Brooks. (Also love Brody). I love Camille and I love her middle name choices, Emery was moments away from being Emerson and Grace would have been Brooks' name had he been a girl...it's obviously still on our list of names if any other babies show up at our house!!

Tracy said...

It might be a challenge, but you guys have definitely stepped up to it. I love all of your names (including Cohen). :) Brody is way cute as is Case. I've really liked the name Case ever since you first mentioned it - it was new to me. My top 3 for you (as if my opinion even matters) would be
Brody
Case
Cohen

Maybe choose Brody for this baby and you could have a Case in a few years - when your friend's baby is not the same age.

Camille Grace is my fav for the girl's name. I like Emerson too, but I LOVE Grace. I don't know why I wrote so much about the boy's name - In my opinion y'all are having a girl.