Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I'm not an Aggie, but I'm all about traditions. Several years ago I bought a pickle ornament that you are supposed to hide in the Christmas tree. Whoever finds it first gets a special gift. Last year was the first year I came across the pickle BEFORE Christmas. I bought a Jim Shore Santa and hid the pickle. Whoever found the pickle had to buy the gift for the following year. I think we agreed that each year we would give another Jim Shore statue. Jamie ended up finding the pickle last year and I think she already has the pickle gift bought for this year. I can't wait since this will be my first year to play. I LOVE Jim Shore and I'm sure whatever statue she bought will look great on the shelf with the 4 others I already have.
Last years "Hide the Pickle" search.

A few days ago Nick and I were talking about other traditions we would like to start. Of course, there are lots that we want to do when we have our own family, but we wanted something for this year. We decided that we are going to do a 12 Days of Christmas gift exchange. Starting on December 13th, we are going to exchange a small gift everyday. The tricky part~each gift must symbolize a memory from the past 3 years we have spent together. I'm so excited to see what he comes up with. We've already talked about a few ideas just so that we were on the same page. Both of us had brought up memories that were almost forgotten! Hopefully I'll be good and blog about each gift.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

If you love traditions you definitely married into the right family for it! The 12 days of Christmas sounds like lots of fun to me... Chris wouldn't think so though.

Abby said...

I love the pickle thing. I always thought that the pickles were out there for all those pregnant girls. glad to know their are other uses for those pickle ornaments!!

*Jillian Leigh* said...

Good idea with the 12 days of Christmas thing. I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I have no idea what to get any of you and now I also have to look for something for Thomas...which half of it is bought but the other half I have no clue what to get him. Last year ya'll were registered so I got you stuff from there but now what do I do this year?!? I can't wait for Black Friday shopping!!!