Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's that time!!!

I do have lots to blog about, but I'm either cleaning, subbing, getting baby things ready, or SLEEPING!!! Seems like most of my days are slept away, but I'm not complaining.

Monday we went for our last ultrasound and found out that Baby Popp is weighing in at 8lbs. 2oz. Believe it or not, this is actually smaller than what I thought. I will be very happy to have a baby that weighs less than 9 lbs. considering Nick weighed 8lbs. 6 oz. and me, a huge 9lbs. 11oz. Tuesday we had another check with Dr. Cone. We are still sitting at 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, which is where we have been since "the checks" were started at week 37. It was quite frustrating, but we made a "plan" and that made me very HAPPY!!! Monday evening we will call Labor and Delivery at 5pm. They will tell us if we are allowed to come in at that time to get the induction process started. We are "on-call" but should get in since our chronic hypertension status preceeds other inductions. The only way we wouldn't is if they have a full house already, which I know has happened to several people in Nick's family before. We are soooo ready to meet Little Popp! I'm so ready to shower him/her with kisses and cuddles. I love this little munchkin sooooooooo very much already....I can't even imagine the feelings we will have once we see him/her. I am very nervous, but even more excited to be this little persons Mommy!

I plan on doing a major blog update as we sit in the hospital room on Monday so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

A "Full House" is definitely not any fun, but one of us is bound to eventually get lucky. I'm hoping it's you!

I laughed at one of your FB posts where you mentioned induction and how you'd have a baby sometime "that day". I though, Aw Jenny, how quickly you forget! :) Good Luck on Monday - we're praying for you guys.

Abby said...

We are so excited for you!! I am so praying that the first time you call they say, "come on in"!! Use your sort of high risk status the best you can. Don't be afraid to start calling at 5 til because I've been there and I totally know that you will want to do that!! It only took me 13 hours to get to the hospital once I started calling. We will hope yours goes much faster!!