Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I've been a poor blogger lately and that probably won't change for a while. I'm cheating and just going to post my note from Facebook.

25 Random Things About Me

1) I married the love of my life nearly 1 year ago. It was and still is beyond magical!!

2) Nick and I have had the BEST and WORST days of our lives in the past year. We miscarried during our first pregnancy in January.

3) I have a love/hate relationship with old people. I love them and hate when they are alone….especially when they are eating out by themselves. DQ is a doozie!

4) For some reason I look at the clock at 9:11 ALL the time. It's weird and I haven't figured out why it happens. (The only reason I thought of that is because I just clicked my phone and what do ya know?!)

5) I've been driving without my license for about 4 months, but finally renewed it last week.

6) My elbows are pointy rather than knobby. Nick says if I'd dip them in ink and dot them on the wall it would look like a ball point pen mark. (They really aren't THAT pointy, but it's funny!)

7) I'm a dork and am about to learn how to crochet! (I want to make baby blankets for all my special peeps!)

8) I've been teaching for 5 years and this is my worst year EVER.

9) Almost all of the jobs I've ever held deal with children. Sitter in high school, nanny in college, gave swimming lessons, and now a teacher. I even worked in a daycare for about 2 weeks. The one job I want most is to be a mommy. We're praying that happens soon.

10) I've only driven Toyotas, but am contemplating getting a Tahoe.

11) Nick and I are ordering new couches today(Fri.)! Happy V-Day to us!

12) I never seem to finish projects. I get started and accomplish most of it, then get bored and start something else before finishing. (Mainly painting!)

13) My family is the best and coolest! I don't care who you are, you will fall in love with my parents.

14) I met one of my very best friends (besides my hubby, sisters, and Shiner girls) this past school year. Nick calls us Pancho and Lefty. It seems like we have known each other forever. Our friendship reminds me of the part on Step Brothers when they finish each others sentences and say, “Did we just become best friends?” We're inseperable!

15) I met my hubby when I was drunk at Bocktoberfest. We've talked EVERDAY since that day.

16) I really miss going out in Austin with Alicea, Debbie, and Shelly. I miss you girls! :o(

17) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to move back to the Hill Country.

18) Or Shiner! How wonderful it would be to raise little Shiner Comanches. It's truly the BEST place in Texas. I'm still trying to talk Nick into it.

19) I have my first doctor's appointment next Thursday since the d&c. It's the appointment where we get the go ahead to try to conceive again. I hope it's as easy this time as it was last time, but successful.

20) Jeans and pajama pants are my favorite.

21) I had to steal this one from my cousin, Jenn….I spent 18+ hours in a van with 11 family members going to Disney World. I would LOVE to do it again to see how hilarious it would be now that we are all adults.

22) I made Hamburger Helper for the 1st time last night. It was strictly because Nick loves it. I have to admit that it wasn't that bad.

23) I've got a superb menu of lobster pasta, prosciutto asparagus, and strawberry tiramisu picked out for Valentine's Day. I can't wait to cook it!

24) My work hours are from 7:30-4:00 and I think that's ridiculous for a school teacher.

25) We're going to Cozumel or Cancun to celebrate our 1year anniversary.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Pick Cancun or the Riveria Maya. Love it...just make sure where ever you go that they have premium liquour...you don't want to be without good beverages!!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Good luck with trying for a baby, how exciting! And have fun on your 1 year anniversary trip. And wow your V-day menu sounds great, can me and my hubby crash? ha!

Anonymous said...

Ok this is my second post, sorry but

I am starting a weekly blog post called Meet the Newlyweds and I was wondering if you were interested. Please comment back to me on my blog and I will send you the details. Thanks!
Jenna