Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy 13th Birthday, Jaacer!

It's so hard to believe that my baby brother is a TEENAGER! Where has the time gone? I still remember the exact moment that Mom and Dad told us they were expecting. I remember rushing to school in the 6th grade to tell my BFF (at the time) that a baby was on its way. I remember the minute Mom's water broke. (TMI-I know!) It freaked me out! I remember the stressful amnio tests and other tests Mom had to go through to make sure all was well. I remember the phone call saying it was a BOY! I remember the first time I held him and when Jill freaked out and didn't want to. It's so crazy that it was 13 years ago...seems like yesterday. Sometimes I wish he was still that cute little bundle of joy, innocent and sweet! He's rotten now, but it's nobody's fault but our own. He's the baby AND the only boy. We tease that he has 4 moms along with a dad that spoils him more than we do.

This weekend Jaace shot his first buck with Dad. I'm sure it was a moment that Dad has been waiting for his entire life. The deer was really a horrible one, but he wanted to shoot it so bad. Dad, of course, gave in and let him try shooting it. He must of thought he would miss it, but instead he nailed it to the ground.


Jaace and Dad with his first deer.


This one will win the big buck contest, for sure.


Jaace taking a typical teenager photo. Notice in the above picture the tounge hanging out of the deer's mouth. You can't see it very well on here.

No comments: