Thursday, September 18, 2008

We Survived...

We survived Ike and ended up having a wonderful weekend despite the damage he caused elsewhere. We came home to a yard full of limbs and leaves. After several days of cleaning up and two trailer-loads of crap, we are almost finished. Yesterday we didn't work in the yard because I had a girl's night and Nick cut hay. Tonight we will finish it up and have a freshly mowed lawn. While we were in Shiner we played lots of Scrabble and a round of Monopoly. I've got lots of pics to put on if I ever download them.

On our way home Nick and I started "family planning." I wanna have all my ducks in a row before we actually try. That means I need to start with finding a "woman" doctor. That should have been a priority a while ago, but somehow I managed to let that slip by. I've been searching for doctors that are provided through our insurance and have had a few people refer a doctor in Sugar Land. I'm kinda sold on Methodist Hospital in SL, but that's not certain until I see a room. I'll have to have something large so that Nick, Mom, Jamie, and Jill can all be with me while in labor. Yeah, I'm making ya'll be with me...Nick will probably pass out! Maybe it's far out there to be planning that sort of thing now, but you all saw how anal I was about wedding plans and it was pulled off perfectly. Naturally, I would want the birth of our child to be even more perfect! So, we're starting there. I'll make an appointment soon and ask for prescription prenatal vitamins with DHA because we need a healthy brain!

Oh, and the most fun part....we picked out names! We have a girl name that is 100% for sure! And I just LOVE IT! That means that when the time comes, it'll be a boy! :( Call me crazy, but I'd love to have twins. If anyone has suggestions on what I need to do pre-conception...let me know! We're pretty clueless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you guys are safe and your house is ok....and...how exciting talking about babies...bobby and I are getting close too I think!

Tracy said...

So are you not telling your perfect name? No fair!

I think prenatals, a Dr., and "eh hem" - "practice", are all you need to get started.